Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Slushing

Do you think that is really a word?? It should be 'cause that's what it is doing outside today. It isn't really raining and it isn't really snowing...it's slushing!!

The kids were not thrilled to wake up to this weather today...especially after a gorgeous Sunday where they played baseball with the neighbours in their t-shirts all day.
Personally, I don't mind days like this...it makes it easier to get things done inside..when it is nice outside and you have to be in, all you can think about is how nice it would be if you were outside. So I have been catching up on cleaning and laundry and all those gazillion other things that need doing...oh I did take the time to make a card too!!

Janet's corrosive Challenge # 6 is about Easter or Spring...wellllll Belinda Bumbleboots from Stamping Bella is the perfect stamp for a day like today..umbrella and rainboots...what could be more "springy". I stamped her with memories black and watercoloured her using SU's Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral and Appricot Appeal. I paper pieced the umbrella and her rain boots using Kaiser's Peek-a-boo paper. I used my copics to colour in the dots and flowers on the umbrella.

I added Crystal effects to the puddle to make it look like water and stamped the sentiment "Have a sunshiney day" (also from Stamping Bella) on the bottom of the card. The polka dot patterned paper is layered on top of groovy guava and I added a celery bow and some pearl baubles to embellish the card.

On a side note...I had boots almost identicle to the paper pieced ones here for my daughter...my darling tomboy princess opted for the black utility rainboots from the hardware store instead....she said "they are better to catch frogs with"...how funny is that!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a fun image.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwww so cute!!! You daughter sounds like my kinda gal ;) thanks for playing!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the image.
    Thanks for playing :)
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right...this card screams spring...image, colours, all of it. I love all your paper piecing. I'd love gum boots like that, but I'm not surprised the munchkin wanted black ones for catching frogs! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stamp - matches the lovely spotted paper, very soft colours you've chosen too. I'm starting to think I need some more cute stamps

    ReplyDelete