Friday, April 17, 2009

It's FRIDAY!!!

Which means it's a Bellariffic day!! I remembered to send my submission to Emily this time and I can't wait to see what all of the Bellababes and everyone else has done!! The challenge this week (actually we had 2 weeks) was using any colour combination from this picture and you had to use flowers.

I decided to use Daisy BittyBloom for my image and I watercoloured her using my Peerless watercolours. I used Daffodil Yellow as my base colour and added Flesh Tint to get some depth and shading...I love the final look of the those two colours blended. The paper is from Fancy pants, as is the velvet ribbon I used to make the knot at the top. I used tiny prima flowers and added a small dot of Orangepeel stickles to the centre. This card turned out totally different from what I had in my mind (that happens a lot!!) But I was running out of time so I had to send it in.

I decided this morning to play a little more....same supplies but this card is your standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rather than 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I added a strip of SU's tangerine Tango (embossed with the CB Swiss Dots folder) and placed the ribbon in behind the image. I also added a ring of Dazzling Diamonds around the image.

Thanks for looking...let me know which card you like better!!


Have a great Friday...and don't forget to hop over to Blogabella to look at all the submissions!!

2 comments:

  1. cute cards! i like the first one better:) see ya soon!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh these are both super cute! I LOVE the second one. That strip of tangerine and the primas really draw your eye to the image and make it pop! :)

    ReplyDelete