Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cosmopolitan Anyone??

With my hectic schedule this week and next...I could certainly use one (or two, or three...). Actually I'm more of a Killer Kool-aid kinda gal...
This weeks challenge on the the Corrosive Challenge blog was a Sketch...I like doing sketch challenges...that way all you need to figure out is the image! I decided to use cosmobella from Stamping Bella...'cause like I said...I will definitely need one by the end of the week!!

I should have looked at the layout again before I made the card, I put my striped paper in the wrong spot...here is what it should have looked like..


I used my CM oval cutter to cut out the oval...I would have liked it a little narrower but it's all I had..I'll have to check out the nesties and see if they come any narrower..I layered the base card with the back of The Paper Company - Floral stripe double sided paper and added a strip from the striped pattern down the side (that was my goof!!). I used a small strip from the front (one of the stripes in the pattern) to create my ribbon. I punched out some funky flowers with my EK punches and added a bubblegum glitter dot to the centre. I added some marble glitter dots (cappucino, I think) around the oval image. Cosmobella is layered on SU's Chocolate chip card stock. The image looked a little lost in the centre of the oval so I inked the edges with SU's regal rose ink to give a little more depth. The sentiment is another great one from...Stamping Bella...of course!!


Thanks for looking...it's beautiful outside so I'm off to try and get the garden cleaned up...Have a SUNSHINEY Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Miche! I LOVE what you've done with the dots around the image panel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card! love the colours and the image!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cute cute cute! I love Cosmobella!! Your card is fabulous.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love that cute image.
    Thanks for playing
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete