Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YAY ME!!

I had a productive night last night stamping!! I had a meeting for the school (you know the times when I volunteer my life away!!) but when I got home around 11:00...I stamped...and I actually got another class done for my ladies at the sr centre....soooo YAY ME!!

First though, I just mailed this card to a friend today...she had day surgery so I thought this might make her smile...Hopefully she isn't checking my blog or the surprise will be spoiled. Feelabella is stamped on Fabriano and watercoloured with SU's retired River Rock, Groovy Guava and Close to Cocoa. I layered her on Blue Bayou and added the same colour ribbon tied in a knot at the side of the image. The perfect MME paper complimented the colours I chose. The only mistake I made was in not using the sentiment that comes with this stamp...Feel wella bella...she's Italian so it would have been perfect!

The next class I completed for my ladies is called the "Year of Cheer". I borrowed the idea from my friend Karen but changed it up a bit. Instead of using 12x12 cardstock to make the pockets to hold the cards, I used 8 1/2" square vellum envelopes. I cut the top off of the envelopes and bound all the pages at the side using my Bind-it-all (yay, I justified buying the bind-it-all) and added ribbon to the wires to make it look pretty. Every month has an envelope which is actually a "pocket" to hold the cards you make...I added a calendar (numbers only) to the front of each page so you can track birthdays and special events for each month. At least one of the classes will include making cards to put into the pockets of the book. All of the pages are stamped using Stazon ink (great for non-porous surfaces) and each page has a different quote at the bottom.



I think they will really like this one!!

1 comment:

  1. The book is awesome Miche. I love the idea to use envelopes as the pockets and yay you for getting a BIA! The ladies will love this project. :)

    ReplyDelete