Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Busy day...

Seriously, I don't think I evvver have days that aren't busy..LOL!!!

We had a lot on the go today and it is getting late but I wanted to post the card I made today. A friend asked me to make one for a friend of hers...something to send long distance...miss you type of thing...you get the picture!!

Well, didn't I have the perfect idea (I thought so anyway). I have this little poem, no idea where I found it...some website somewhere...it's about sharing a cup of tea...I also have this little stamp...it's called Javabellas..yup another one (GRIN). So I put them together and made a card.



I stamped the image with Memories black...buuuut since I was in a bit of hurry today...I coloured with Copics...I know a few people who are probably smiling right now (if not outright laughing...Karen, Dana......). I used colours that matched SU's Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, and River rock and some blue ones...I know, I know, next time I'll write down the numbers. I don't have very many...my good friend Elaine has given me about 10 different colours (she had some doubles, lucky me!!) and I picked up a few more...but I still have a very limited collection.

So enough blabbing...here's the card. I had a small scrap of patterned paper (not sure where from) so I cut a scallop using my Big Shot and the Bigz scallop circle die. I layered the circle on soft sky paper which is stamped with the same ink and one of the stamps from the SU seeing spots set. I added a strip of Groovy Guava ribbon and a couple of String of Pearl baubles. The Bellas are layered on a piece of River rock paper and popped up.





Here's the poem part...I put it inside the card on one side and on the other side I used the scallop envelope die with the Big shot so that the person sending the card can tuck a tea bag inside...aren't I clever??!!

I even remembered to have the card opens sideways instead of up...



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously COPICS- I am shocked & yes there was a little laughing 'cuz you said you weren't going to use them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaahh haaa haaa!!! Welcome to the slippery Copic slope! :)
    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the envelope!!! Very cute. I guess I'll need to be buying that die!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute card! Copics rock sister!! You will get addicted!!! :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete