Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Sunday...

Another Challenge!! I have to say, being on the corrosive challenge design team is really fun...first it makes me create cards that I would never have thought of making...and second it forces me to post on the weekend, which I don't usually do.
So this weeks challenge on Janet's blog was to create a card using your country's flag colours....well I do agree with Janet that our county rocks...but... I have to say it was pretty tough to make a card using only red and white...I tend to like at least 3 colours and white doesn't count!!

So here she is...EmmyBella...I used the CB swiss dots folder to give the background texture and added the 6 poppy red glitter dots. Emmybella's pants and shirt are paper pieced with SU's real red textured c/s and real red DSP. I used my quickcuts nesting ovals for the image and sentiment. The ribbon is 5/8" red grosgrain and a simple knot adhered with a glue dot.
Check out the corrosive challenge blog for more inspiring ideas and come play along.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME card Miche!!! LOVE the crispness of red and white together. Yay Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day! I love your card, esp the paper peicing!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just fantastic!! Love it. Hugs, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. The red and white looks fab together! :o)

    ReplyDelete