Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

That seems to be the story of my life these days...well actually since the kids came along!!

This past weekend we spent all of Sunday at a swim meet for Jessie...Jordan had a sleep-over at my Mom's and spent the day with her...good thing too!!. We had to be up at 5:30 (that would be am!!) and were out of the house by 6:00 (and got home at 5:30pm).
The swim meet was at Brock university with warm-ups starting at 7:30. Jessie swam in 4 events (50 m backstroke, freestyle, breaststroke and the 100m backstroke) - her age category was 10 and under (she is 8 turning 9) and she did amazing!! She placed in the top 8 in 3 of her events and 9th in her freestyle...she also managed to qualify for regionals for her 50m breaststroke (she has already qualified for her 50m backstroke). Her times have placed her in the top 50 across Canada for some of her events as well as the top 50 for Ontario .Right now she is around 25th (or better) in Ontario for her age in her backstroke and breaststroke...across Canada she ranks around 35th...CAN YOU TELL I'M A PROUD MOM!!!!.

Enough babbling already...here's my card (I made it for my friend Keri who had her birthday on the 8th...yes it is late) I used a new stamp (for me anyway) that needed inking and some really (really, really..) old Basic Grey paper...it's from the Romani line. I coloured to match the paper and added some diamond ice baubles along the centre seam...that's all you get for details this post is already long enough!!LOL

We'll be off to regionals the first week of Feruary (this will include all of the clubs in south western Ontario)...I'll let you know how she does!!
Thanks for stopping by!!


3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jessie!!! This is a fabulous bella card Miche!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jessie and I love the card!! Thanks for popping by today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a proud Momma - well done Jessie! Sweet card Miche.

    ReplyDelete