Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another crazy week...

Well Hallowe'en is over and of course the kids had a ball...We spent the evening with friends (no one trick or treats on our street...it would take you an hour to do about 10 houses!!). Jordan went as Harry Potter..but he wouldn't let me colour his white blonde hair so it's a good thing we did the scar on his forehead to identify him. Jessie went as a ghost school girl but everyone thought she was Harry's sidekick Hermoine...so she went with it.

It has been busy for the last few days with school projects and volunteering at the school...but I finally took some time yesterday to make another Christmas card...I wasn't too sure how it would turn out...I had my doubts as I was going along but in the end I liked it so much I made 6!!

I dug deep to find Christmas paper (still trying to use what I have... and still adding to the collection...LOL!!) and pulled out some old MME and Basic Gray from years ago...I do mean years...I used the Fruitcake line from Basic Gray for my base layer, so you know it goes back at least 3 years!! I stamped the image "a scarf for 3" with Memento's Black and coloured with Copics...It doesn't show well in the picture but I used brick white on the snowmen to make them stand out a little from the rest of the white background. The scarf is paper pieced with the same Basic Gray and the other layers are MME - signature Christmas. I used the sentiment from the set and added some espresso baubles and glitter around the snowmen for embellishment...I really like how it came together!!

I guess I'm a little chatty today...just making up for the last few days!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love those snowmen. I'm scared to check my Christmas paper pile!

    ReplyDelete