Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time for Coffee...

So...remember last week I made a goof and almost didn't have a card ready for Janet's challenge blog...this was the card I sent her instead of a wedding/anniversary card...I had thought it was the sketch challenge...which is actually for this week.
The good news is that I actually had my card made in advance so I didn't have to worry about making one this week...good thing too, as usual we were pretty busy!! Yesterday was the best though..the kids have been bugging me to have a garage sale...not one for me, one that they would do with their own stuff. I was all for that since it would mean that they would actually get rid of some of the mountain of stuff they both have.
We set up on the neighbours lawn and Jessie even decided to have a lemonade stand. They had fun but not much traffic...not surprising since people usually come down the road going about 80 km/hr...some people did stop though and they ended up making about $42 which they split...Jordan desperately wants to buy a dirt bike so he is saving his money for that....Jessie wants to spend hers on shoes...hmmm just like her Mom after all!!!

Anyway, back to the card!! I made this last week thinking of the fun I had meeting Karen and Nancy for coffee. I used the sketch Janet came up with and javabellas from Stamping Bella. I used SU's pale plum for the base and matched it with a scrap of paper from my scrap bin. I coloured the image with copics to match the patterned paper and added 3 light lilac glitter dots to the side. The background of the plum paper is stamped with one of the coffee cup images from my gelatins set "coffee break". The sentitment is one I picked up somewhere...it just went perfectly!!

Check out Janet's challenge blog for the other design team submissions and play along...you may win some blog candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment