Friday, February 24, 2012

A Super Fast Card...

As the kids were getting on the bus this morning (3 days in a row now!!) Jordan says to me..."Hey Mom, it's Mr. Reynard's last day today...can you make him a card?" Jordan has had a substitute teacher since the beginning of January while his regular teacher was off for surgery. It was a bit of a rocky start since Jordan is not good with change but after the the first week or so things smoothed out and Jordan decided he really liked him.

I had to get the card to the school for first break which is at 10:45 so I didn't have a ton of time..I also decided to add a starbucks gift card so I had to run out and get that too...

I don't love the card but all things considered since it was a rush job, it turned out ok.

The image is one from stamping bella...teacher fella...and the only masculine teacher stamp I own so it isn't like I had much choice. The paper is some really old crate designs and basic grey. I coloured with copics (not particularly well...) and added some ribbon and glitter dots to finish it off. I pulled out my teacher sets and used the front sentiment from MFT's a la modes "you rule" and the inside reads "You make learning fun" from MFT's Teacher's Pet set. The writing on the chalk board is done with a white gel pen.

I made the deadline and even managed to pick up a sub for Jessie and Wendy's for Jordan as a "special" lunch treat.

Have a Great Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I will try AGAIN to comment Mich but your blog shuts me out at the last minute! This and all your past cards (!) have been great! I love the sentiment on this and your "lesson" on the chalkboard is super!! Oh I do hope this comment goes through...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete