Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Bellariffic Friday...

Well I was planning on doing a few more challenges this week but the weather was just waaaaaay too nice...I mean seriously, how often do we get to wear shorts in March...and still be in Ontario??

Last week was March Break so of course with the monsters (oops I mean kiddies...LOL) home there was no time to stamp and now this week with the gorgeous weather I've been out in the garden working (not so much) and reading (a lot!!).

I did actually need to make a card so I decided to go for the sketch this week for Bellariffic Fridays. A very close friend of mine had a bday on Tuesday and I needed a card for her....I have tons of cards but she has seen them all so it needed to be a new one. I used Posh has a present from Stamping Bella's uptown girls and the sentiment on the front is from an old retired SU set called Really Retro. Inside the card I stamped the sentiment that comes with the stamp..."Wishing you a birthday that is just your style". I had to cut the image down a bit to make it fit my card which is still larger than normal at 4 1/2" x 6"... it pained me to cut off those beautiful shoes but it had to be done.

The image is coloured with copics except the dress which is paper pieced with a scrap from my bin (it just happened to match nicely!!) and layered on bazzill card stock. The DP is from a recent purchase at my NSLSS (that would be Not So Local Scrapbooking Store). The dotted DP was in the clearance bin but the plaid (just love it...bought 6 sheets) is MME Miss Caroline. I used SU's Pool Party and some olive taffeta ribbon to finish it off.

So I emailed my card to Em and I also posted it on Splitcoast using the keyword...so here's the question for my more blog savvy friends...other than in the gallery and my member gallery (my gallery can be found under pudge by the way....don't ask!!) how do I find all the entries under a specific keyword so I can see what other talented people have done ???? I've only uploaded a couple of cards so far... I'm still trying to figure things out.

Thanks for taking a look...and feel free to give me SCS help!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Miche! Don't feel back about cutting off her legs - Paula does it all the time :). Okay, I'm not so blog-savy but here goes: If you click on this card of yours in your SCS gallery, you'll see KEYWORDS: BELLARIFFIC1112...which you typed when you loaded your card. Click on that BELLARIFFIC1112 and you'll see all the cards for this challenge in one place. Hope that was what you were asking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miche this is fabulous. I like the the cut off girls although I have a hard time doing it myself. Every time I see them I like it (does that make sense?!) Leslie is right Paula does it all the time & it always looks good

    ReplyDelete